Healthy You (Wellness) Resources
Places that offer help
Here are some local options for mental health help for all ages:
- Washington Listens is an anonymous call-line created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to help individuals manage stress and access local resources for all ages. TTY and language services are available. Call 833-681-0211 or visit washingtonlistens.org.
- Comprehensive Healthcare has a local crisis line for all ages. Individuals are encouraged to save the number to their phone so that it is on hand if they or someone they know needs someone to talk to: 800-572-8122. Information on mental health symptoms, common disorders and services are also available at Comprehensive Healthcare’s website: comphc.org.
- Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital has a free bilingual Spanish and English COVID-19 emotional support line. It’s available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 509-823-7808.
- Yakama Nation Behavioral Health Services can be reached by calling 509-865-2266.
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic - Behavioral Health Services provides outpatient mental health and substance use treatment services, call (509)453-1344 or (800)500-0934, or visit the website www.yvfwc.org.
- Catholic Charities provides counseling for children, youth, and adults. For their clinic on West Tieton Drive, call (509) 965-7100. Their clinic on East D Street can be reached by calling (509) 965-7100. Their toll-free number is 1.800.246.2962.
- The Trevor Project is a free 24-hour national suicide prevention hotline for LGBTQ youth that can be reached by calling 1-866-488-7386.
- Call 2-1-1 for local health and human service support.
Support groups and more
- B.I.L.Y. (Because I Love You) parent support group through ESD 105 meets Monday evenings. This fall, it will meet virtually. For details, visit bily.org/get-help/meeting-locations.
- The National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) provides a range of services, from building mental health awareness to peer and family support groups and training. Find support opportunities at nami.org.